Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What We Do When We Deserve a Break

Kathryn and I are both in grad school, and our daily lives have never been more hectic. My classes are fairly typical MA-level education stuff, but hers? Oh man. She's enrolled in the University of Wyoming's Executive MBA, a two year program that requires untold hundreds of pages of reading per week, plus online discussion questions, plus rigorous exams. Sure, I have to read quite a bit, and yes, I have a 20 page paper due in a few weeks, but my little workload is like a satchel of pamphlets next to her external frame pack loaded with 42 hardcover copies of War and Peace.

So we rarely get to spend time together that doesn't involve both of us staring at computer screens, speaking only when the dog makes suspicious noises upstairs.

We both had Very Busy Weeks, and then an old friend from the 'Zon died on Sunday, and I think we both reached a point where we needed to not think about market strategies or sites of socioeconomic oppression or what to cook for dinner.

Thus, for dinner last night, Kathryn treated me to McDonald's, a rarity of rarities. And then we spent a few hours carving pumpkins.



No comments:

Post a Comment